The Apiary is a crafting station that the player can use for breeding bees and farming honey. It is a part of the Bees! mod, which is a sub-component of the Frackin' Universe mod. For more information, see the Bees: Basics guide.
Apiaries are made at the Apiary Crafting Station for 15 Timber.
In order to successfully produce bees and/or honey, the Apiary in question must fulfill certain requirements:
- Two bees of the same species, a queen and a drone, must be placed in their allotted slots (e.g. a Flower Queen and a Flower Drone, or an Arid Queen and an Arid Drone, etc.).
- The Apiary must be placed within 80 blocks of flowers (Not flowery grass or flower blocks, but actual flowers).
- It (usually) must be daytime (as most of the bee species are not active at night).
In order to speed up production, various things can be done:
- Frames can be placed in the Apiary in question.
- Greater numbers of flowers can be planted nearby.
- A different type of Apiary can be used (e.g. the Giant Apiary).
If everything has been done correctly, there will be bees flying around the Apiary.