Due to still collecting data, this page will be temporary until More data is clarified and will overwrite the Bees page
Due to the Beevamp, several things have changed to do with Bees and the way bees operate
Bees Still require a Queen, Drone and Apiary to obtain materials, Mites have been removed as an item, and are included into the stats on Bees themselves.
Stats on bees are; obtained by crafting a microscope and inserting Bees in it's active slot
- Base Production - baseline rate of material generation from the hive
- Drone Toughness - ??
- Drone / Queen Breed Rates - base number of the likelihood of a young queen / drone of the same type (or mutated) will spawn in or around the Apiary
- Queen Lifespan - approximate lifespan in seconds of the queen (each queen has a health-bar after they have been placed in an Apiary's queen slot to show)
- Mutation Chance (%) - Chance for stat change
- Mite Resistance # - a numerical resistance value of mites, Apiary is supposed to change visual if high mite value has accumulated
- Work time (day and/or night) specifies the time active for the hive
- Genome - a genetic code that has each of the above stats related to, potential to breed positive traits from good breeding - further data unknown
Bee Types Edit
The existing Bees (Normal, Mythical, Miner, Floral, ect) have been removed and been replaced with 'class types'.
Note that bee drops are effected to a degree by the frames the Apiary has (e.g. Iron frame allows for iron ore to drop rarely) Noting next to the Bee type any notable loot on the tables, whether a larger quantity or unique.
Aquarum (Aquarum): Frozen Honey, Violium Honeycomb, Mercury, Kelp, Liquid Protocite, Hydrolium
Artisan (Artisan): Plasmic Fluid, Golden Wood, Exceptional Honeycomb, fungal ichor, Beer, Rainbow Wood, Alien Weird Wood
Bumblebee (Chubbychump): Pure Honey, Forest Honeycomb, Beeswax, Dirt, Golden Wood, Bee Silk
Cuckoo (Cuckoo): Pure Honey, Exceptional Honeycomb, Magnesium Powder, Sugar, Salt
Digger (Digger): Oil, Volcanic Honeycomb, Dirt, Clay, Loose Silt, Sand, Golden Sand, Scorched Core, Copper Ore, Silver Ore, Gold Ore, Carbon
Digger (Miner): Oil, Volcanic Honeycomb, Dirt, Clay, Loose Silt, Sand, Golden Sand, Scorched Core, Copper Ore, Silver Ore, Gold Ore, Carbon
Exspiravit (Exspiravit): Expiravit Honey, Expiravit Wax, Moon Honeycomb, Bee Silk
Gelid Burrower (GelidBurrower): Frozen Honey, Arctic Honeycomb, Snowflake, Cryonic Extract, Ice Crystal, Frozen Beeswax, Xenophagic Substance
Gelid Burrower (SnowStalker): Frozen Honey, Arctic Honeycomb, Snowflake, Cryonic Extract, Ice Crystal, Frozen Beeswax, Xenophagic Substance
Golden Saint (Goldensaint): Pure Honey, Ambrosia Honeycomb, Golden Sand, Golden Wood, Golden Leaves, Bee Silk, Bio Thread
Honey Bee (Platedhoneybee): Pure Honey, Honeycomb, Beeswax, Dirt, Bee Silk
Honey Bee (Honey): Pure Honey, Honeycomb, Beeswax, Dirt, Bee Silk
Isovapitdae (Isovapitdae): Bio-Ooze, Silk Honeycomb, Slime Blob, Blue Petal, Red Petal, Yellow Petal, Mercury, Endomorphic Jelly, Alien Compound
Isovapitdae (GunkMucker): Mercury, Silk Honeycomb, Slime Blob, Endomorphic Jelly, Clay
Mason (Mason): Crimson Honey, Copper Honeycomb, Copper Ore, Iron Ore, Tungsten Ore
Plasterer (Plasterer): Pure Honey, Exceptional Honeycomb, Silk Fibre, Bee Silk, Sugar, Timber
Plasterer (mincer): sugar, exceptional honeycomb, silk, bee silk, honey
Reaper (Reaper): Crimson Honey, Reaper Honeycomb, Red Beeswax, Bug Shell, Bone
Red-Banded (Stalker): Red Honeycomb, Crimson Honey, Red Beewax, Epidermis, Alien
Red-Banded (Red-Banded): Crimson Honey, Red Honeycomb, Red Beeswax, Epidermis, Alien Compound, Plasmic Crystal
Rimewing (Rimewing): Frozen Honey, Arctic Honeycomb, Frozen Beeswax, Ice Crystal
Shrouded (Vocadahl): expiravit honey, Effigium Ore, shrouded honeycomb, matter block, Dark Matter
Stellar (Stellar): Pure Honey, Stellar Honeycomb, Lunari Shard, Solarium Ore, Psi-1 Energy, Psi-2 Energy
Sweat (Sweat): Pure Honey, Rich Honeycomb, Expiravit Wax, Fungal Ichor, Elder Stone, Putrid Slime
Sweat (Pesterer): Pure Honey, Rich Honeycomb, Expiravit Wax, Fungal Ichor, Elder Stone, Putrid Slime
Tunguskudae (Tunguskudae): Pure Honey, Recombinant Honeycomb, Plant Matter, Radioactive Soil, Plutonium Ore, Neptunium Ore, Uranium Ore, Thorium Ore, Bee Silk
Xenodaemonae (Xenodaemonae): Essentia Obscura, Elder Stone, Fungal Ichor, Unstable Particles, Putrid Slime, Rotcomb
Xenodaemonae (Puker): Pus, Elder Stone, Unstable Particles, Putrid Slime, Rotcomb
GitHub data of initial beevamp notes (5.6.400) Edit
-- Bees, (The Bee-vamp) -- (zimberzimber)
- Complete overhaul of the bee system. Read the below if you intend to use bees, or you will be hopelessly lost.
- all old Bees no longer spawn. In their place, the new bees will. Note that only freshly generated worlds will get the proper spread of bee types, but you should still see most of them regardless
- all old apiaries are automatically converted to the new type.
- You will need to replace all of your bees with new ones. Trade them in at the Bee Refuge for profit and resources. You will have one month to do so. Afterwards, old bees will be removed completely.
- Scented apiaries removed from crafting and will no longer be used. Scented Frames replace them.
- existing bee quests updated to utilize new information
- All frame types stack
- all frame types have been replaced. The old items still exist, but can no longer be crafted. Toss em. They're worthless now.
- frames are now consumed over time
- added Basic Microscope to scan caught wild bee Queens. This will allow you to see her stats, and determine how best to utilize her
- Mites are no longer a thing as an item. They are a 'stat' now. Apiaries no longer spawn them.
- Mites will slow bee production down, and eventually start killing drones if they get too numerous.
- Infested hives have a visible warning that they are infected
- Anti-Mite frames will reduce chance of contracting mites, and will kill off mites if they are present at a moderate rate. The larger the stack, the greater the effect
- all bees replaced with new family types with favored biomes, flower types, and loved/hated breeds of bees
- rival hives will kill off one-anothers drones
- Drones slowly die off without a queen present after 60 seconds. The rate they perish at is dictated by breed as well as Queen and Frame.
- Drones and Queens stats all have implications on production, lifespan, genetic viability, mutation chances, etc
- spontaneous mutations can occur that greatly improve queens or drones, resulting in super-bees
- some bees are sensitive to specific biomes, either producing extra resources or producing no resources...even death if the shift is extreme
- Bees now have genomes. These genomes dictate a bees stats. The key now is in breeding good queens with good drones to maximize genetic boosts
- Queens will mate with just about any drone. However, they will only do so once, and will afterwards produce their own drones. The old drones will slowly die
- Queens have lifespans, and therefore occasionally spawn young queens in the hive. These larval stage queens can be placed in a Queen slot to be matured into adults
- Analyzing bees in the microscope will generate Research; Queens will generate more than drones.
- [test] some frame types have a chance to spawn ores, regardless of bee type in the hive
- When adding a new queen to an established hive, her lifespan will default to 500. For higher lifespan breeding pools, this can be a significant issue. Remove the old queen entirely - no item swapping - to bypass this.